photographer and indipendent art curator
Born in Genoa in 1993. Graduated in photography and visual arts, she is involved in curatorial practices, contemporary image research and social design through artistic and perfomative intervention.
In May 2019 she co-founded MIXTA an independent curatorial collective that aims to develop artistic practices within the urban and social fabric of the city of Genoa.
She currently studies and works in Genoa.
MIXTA is an independent curatorial collective directed by Silvia Mazzella and Arianna Maestrale that aims to develop artistic practices within the urban and social fabric of the city of Genoa. It is determined as a curatorial project that combines individual works, collaborations and collective works with the intention of investigating new contemporary languages in a process of permanent self-institution.
in Mixta Directing: coordination and curatorship of urban and private exhibitions and installations, workshops, internships, graphic design, social media communication, social media poster/graphic design, layout and publishing.
2012 / 2015 - Milan
Bachelor’s degree in photography at IED
2015 / 2016 - Genoa
Two-year stage design course at the Academy of Fine Arts in Genoa.
2016 / 2018 - Modena
Master’s degree in contemporary image in Fondazione Modena Arti Visive (FMAV)
2019 / 2021 - Genova
Master’s degree in photography from the Academy of Fine Arts in Genoa.
-Photography as constructed real - Fatma Bucak -Videomaking - Niklas Goldbach
-Materials, Processes and Experimentation - Pino Musi -Role and Responsibility of Art and the Artist, Reflections and Actions - Adrian Paci
-Site Specific, beyond the permanence of the gaze - Mario Cresci
-Artistic Practices - Mustafa Sabbagh
-TheSpaceBetween at Spazio30 curated by Chiara Pavolucci
- Artist residency at Kaunas (Lithuania) organised by CreArt
- Artist residency at Gambettola organised by BoscoUrban
- Curator residency at Francavilla Fontana organised by OMAR
PERSONAL PROJECT AND EXHIBITIONS
- 99, personal exhibition at Palazzo Ducale, Sala Dogana, Genoa
- The Summer Show, Mid-Term, curated by Filippo Maggia, FMAV, Foro Boario, Modena
- SOMA Exhibition,collective exhibition for Arte Fiera 2018, Via Oberdan 10, Bologna
- Corpi estranei personal exhibition, curated by Chuli Paquin and ERRESULLALUNA, Antica farmacia, Parma.
- Madame Gerard, collective exhibition curated by Filippo Maggia, MATA, Modena
- Primule, exhibitions by di Silvia Mazzella and Benedetta Boveri curated by Silvia Mazzella texts by Virginia Lupo and Sofia Torre, Sala Dogana in Palazzo Ducale, Genoa
- Young and Lovely, collective exhibition curated by Erica Rigato in former Psychiatric Hospital
- The space between, collective exhibition curated by Chiara Pavolucci in Palazzo Rasponi 2, Ravenna
- The Body, collective exhibition curated by A60 contemporary, Milan
- Post work era, collective exhibition curated by Bosco Urban, Gambettola (CE)
- Devotion to the supermarket, collective exhibition in Artkomas, Kaunas (Lietuva)
- Nostos, collective exhibition curated by Maria Laura Bonifazi and Giulia Giglio in Lazzaro Gallery, Genoa.